Having an organized kitchen is something that is not just aesthetically pleasing; it also makes your space much more efficient. Even if you have a small kitchen, you can still apply some useful hacks to give you more room. Here are a few tricks.
1. Use the inside of your cupboard doors to store your spices
Finding that you have no room for a large spice collection? Spice racks can be mounted inside your kitchen cupboards. This saves you valuable room on your cupboard shelves and keeps your spices in place.
2. Place less-used items at the top of your cupboards
Store that pasta maker that you never use or that homemade ice cream maker you got as a wedding present away in stylish storage containers and place them on top of your cupboards. This will not waste valuable real estate in your cupboards and add some stylish accents to your kitchen.
3. Install a lazy susan
4. Add kick drawer storage
5. Make your own drawer organizers
Do you find those cheap plastic organizers you find at the dollar store never seem to fit your cutlery? Customize your own using poplar wood and crazy glue. Kevin and Amanda has an easy step-by-step guide to making these organizers, so you don’t have to be an expert woodworker to build one.
6. Paint a blackboard on the inside of a cupboard door
7. Store pot lids inside a cupboard door
8. Maximize your waste
9. Use the outside surface of your cupboard to store frequently-used items